FinTech Sandbox, a nonprofit that helps FinTech startups access data and build great products, today announced a new data sourcing agreement with the global news company, The Associated Press. The AP will provide FinTech Sandbox residents with access to AP’s financial, business and political news archive, as well as AP’s breaking news and data feed.
“FinTech innovation is occurring at breakneck speed and one of the best ways to participate in this marketplace is by partnering with FinTech Sandbox,” said Bruce Glover, AP’s Director of Business Development, Finance and Data. “We’re excited to challenge FinTech entrepreneurs to fully exploit the valueof our world-class news feeds in order to bring amazing FinTech ventures to market.”
Boston-based FinTech Sandbox facilitates free access to financial data and infrastructure for highly qualified FinTech startups. The Sandbox doesn’t charge fees or elicit equity from residents who are selected into the program. Instead, residents are expected to collaborate with each other in order to share learning and promote advances that benefit the entire FinTech ecosystem. Sponsors include Fidelity Investments, F-Prime Capital, Thomson Reuters, Silicon Valley Bank, Amazon Web Services, Intel, SIX Financial Information, Goodwin Procter, and .406 Ventures.
“By working with with The Associated Press, FinTech Sandbox is now able to provide our residents with a renowned and rich source of macroeconomic news,” said Jean Donnelly, Executive Director of FinTech Sandbox. “We are extremely excited to welcome one of the world’s pre-eminent news gathering sources to our ever-growing portfolio of Data Partners who, through their generous support of FinTech Sandbox, are directly promoting global FinTech innovation.”
The six-month program includes:
- A robust set of data feeds and APIs from a wide array of data partners
- Cloud hosting from industry-leading infrastructure partners
- Learning, networking and collaboration opportunities in a dynamic FinTech community
The Associated Press is offering FinTech Sandbox participants access to the following products:
- AP Financial News (APFN) — APFN provides hundreds of business, political and other breaking news stories daily that inform and influence business decision makers around the globe. APFN offers the stories with full and rich metadata values focused on subject, tickers, industries, geography and entities — ideal for programming and predictive analysis.
- AP News Archive – AP’s complete archive of fully classified geopolitical news (including APFN) from around the world. This comprehensive, time-stamped archive is ideal for machine learning and backtesting. FinTech Sandbox residents will be able to work with a one-year block of AP archival data.