On Tuesday, popular webcomic Cyanide & Happiness launched a Kickstarter to raise $10,000 for its card game, Joking Hazard. Within less than an hour of launch, the project managed to surpassed its initial target and now, two days later, it has achieved well over $550,000 thanks to 12,300 backers.
Joking Hazard is described as an offensive card game. Each player competes to finish an awful comic strip out of two panels. One player is considered a judge and everyone else will put their favorite panel for the final part of the comic. Judge will choose their favorite and that will be the winner. Seems simple but here’s the rundown of the rules:
- Everyone draws seven cards: Players should always have seven cards.
- The deck plays first: Judge picks the panel blindly from the top of the draw pile.
- The judge plays second: The judge picks the second panel from his own hand and will put it on either side.
- Everyone else plays third: The other players give the third panel to the judge face down
- The judge picks a winner: The just lays them down on at a time and will pick the favorite
Already speaking about the game, co-creator of Cards Against Humanity and Secret Hitler, Max Temkin, reportedly stated:
“If you like Cyanide & Happiness, you will love this game. It gives you the feeling of being one of the creators without the burden of actually having to be funny yourself.”
Backers of the project will receive a single deck for $25 and for $35 they will get a 50 card booster pack known as “Blast From the Past” (this will include fans’ favorite jokes including ones about World War 2). Those that pitch in $60 will get two copies of the Blast From the Past booster.
The game’s Kickstarter is set to close on March 10th.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!