The Italian Job, which has reportedly been backed by Italian brewery Birrificio del Ducato, is seeking to bring great Italian craft beer to the UK. It has been named ‘pub of the month’ and awarded 5 stars by Timeout and showcases the best of Italian craft beers paired with Italian food.
The company declared:
“Italy is now producing noteworthy spiced beers, tripels, bitter ales and pale ales, brought masterfully to life with native Italian flavours like chestnut, almond, thyme and bergamot. Italian brewers have no tradition to face but are free to experiment, reinterpreting traditional beer styles or pushing the boundaries of brewing; always keeping the balance of flavours and aromas being inspired by Italian art and their culture of food. What results are intensely complex beers rich with flavour and deeply drinkable. Whatever you wind up tasting, odds are it will be memorable. As Time Out mentioned in its first review of the Italian Job. The Italian Job offers our customers the opportunity to a variety of different Italian breweries with 12 rotating taps and a choice of over 20 different bottled beers.”
“Our target pub will have about 80 covers and can accommodate over 100 people at peak times. We are looking for a unique venue with outside space and ideally a late licence to benefit from the younger demographic of our desired areas. We are looking to pay a premium in order to minimise refurbishment expenses and to be able to open by the summer 2016. We are already exploring some interesting locations.”
The company is also offering rewards to investors, which includes:
- Invest £100: The official pint of The Italian Job
- Invest £500: The Italian Job T-shirt, the official pint and 10% discount for one year
- Invest £1,000: Dinner for 4 people and 10% discount for one year
- Invest £5,000: Dinner for 5 people at The Italian Job and 10% discount for 2 years
- Invest £10,000: Dinner for 10 people, T-shirt, pint and 10% lifetime discount
- Invest £50,000: Imperial tour of Italy. Discover the gastronomic treasures of Parma, with a visit to the Birrificio del Ducato brewery, dinner at Michelin-starred Antica Corte Pallavicina. Explore the booming craft beer scene in Rome with visits to Hop & Pork, Barley Wine and dinner at Epiro. A 4 day and 3-night feast of food and craft beer with our team!
The Italian Job’s Crowdcube initiative is set to close at the end of March.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!