Earlier this week, crowdfunding portal Indiegogo announced the winner of its 2016 Fellowship Program with partner Independent Filmmaker Project (IFP).
“Congratulations to the winner of the Indiegogo Fellowship: Skye Von’s Falling Out Of Love! Instead of making yet another traditional music video, Falling Out Of Love is partaking in a revolution and creating a fantastic journey into VR, interactivity and role playing. Their story permits you to partake from the characters’ points of view, allowing you to fully immerse yourself and enable the story to become your own.”
As previously reported, the Indiegogo Fellowship offers one artist/filmmaker a chance to receive six months of Community Workspace membership at the Made in NY Media Center by IFP. The center is an incubator space where storytellers from different disciplines, industries and platform may create, collaborate and connect.
Benefits of Made in NY Media Center membership include:
- Desk space
- Invitations to private networking and industry events
- Mentorship opportunities
- Access to all the Media Center amenities
- Projects MUST be in film or related video content ONLY.
- Applicants MUST have or will launch an Indiegogo campaign (must have live campaign or draft in progress)
- Applicants MUST commit to working a minimum of 20 hours per week at the Media Center for six consecutive months.
- Applicants MUST be open to collaboration in a shared workspace.
- Applicants MAY NOT be a current Media Center member.
The Fellowship started on April 1st and will end on September 1st.