The Subcommittee on Capital Markets, part of the House Financial Services Committee, has schedule a hearing for Tuesday, May 17th at 2PM entitled “Legislative Proposals to Enhance Capital Formation, Transparency, and Regulatory Accountability”.
The Subcommittee will examine the current competitiveness of U.S. capital markets
and regulatory burdens impacting capital formation, job creation, and economic growth.
In addition, the Subcommittee will examine the following legislative proposals relating to these matters:
- the “SEC Regulatory Accountability Act” (Garrett)
- the “Investment Advisers Modernization Act of 2016” (Hurt)
- the “Proxy Advisory Firm Reform Act of 2016” (Duffy)
The witness list for the hearing is below:
- Mr. Timothy J. Bartl, Chief Executive Officer and President, Center on Executive Compensation
- Mr. Joshua Cherry-Seto, Chief Financial Officer, Blue Wolf Capital Partners LLC
- The Honorable Daniel M. Gallagher, President, Patomak Global Partners
- Mr. Thomas Quaadman, Senior Vice President, Center for Capital Markets Competitiveness, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Ms. Jennifer Taub, Professor of Law, Vermont Law School