RealtyMogul.com announced on Wednesday the closing of five recent transactions, which includes four equity investments in commercial properties as well as an equity raise for a residential real estate fund. The platform revealed that its investors have funded $7.5 million through these opportunities, helping to finance multifamily, residential, office and retail properties.
“With these seven additional raises completed, we became the first U.S. commercial real estate crowdfunding platform to fully fund $200 million since our inception.”
The five transactions include:
- Multifamily Building in Dayton, Ohio: The website helped finance the $20 million acquisition of Chesapeake Landing, a 256-unit multifamily property in Dayton, Ohio, closing a $1.6 million equity investment.
- Office and Retail in Downtown Savannah: Investors contributed $1.1 million in equity funding for the $7.5 million acquisition and renovation of 100 Bull Street, a 54,954-square-foot office and retail property in the commercial and tourist district in the heart of downtown Savannah, Georgia.
- Office Space in Florida: RealtyMogul.com provided joint venture equity for the $4.15 million acquisition of Cinnamon Tree Plaza, a 40,000-square-foot office property located in Tamarac, Florida.
- Preferred Equity for Single-Tenant Office in Canton, Ohio: RealtyMogul.com closed a $2 million preferred equity transaction to facilitate the acquisition of a 150,000-square-foot office property in Canton, Ohio.
- Joint Venture Equity for Single-Family Fund: RealtyMogul.com investors invested over $2 million in a single family fund. The fund currently owns single-family residential homes (SFRHs) throughout Southern California, Nevada and Georgia and will leverage the additional investment to acquire SFRHs under both “rent and hold” and “fix and flip” strategies. This is the second round of investments in the fund, bringing the total amount invested by RealtyMogul.com investors to over $3.5 million.
Helman went on to add:
“Our investors have demonstrated an appetite for a range of real estate investments, and we’ve worked with high quality sponsors to offer an exciting variety of opportunities across geographies. We are also increasing our investment amounts, demonstrating the growing importance of crowdfunding in real estate investing.”