Radikale, an Irish contract brewery, launched an equity crowdfunding campaign on Seedrs to raise €170,000 as it prepares to expand its beer product line by opening its own brewery. The company was launched by Alain Dekoster, an avid Belgian home brewer, last year and is notably committed to produce different beers than what is available on in Ireland’s market.
The company stated:
“At Radikale, we have a dream that one day this great republic will rise up as one and reject flavourless beer. We hope that beer will no longer be judged by it’s colour but by the content of it’s character. Let us not satisfy our lust for freedom by drinking from the pint of blandness and disdain. Join the revolution one pint at the time. Drink Radical!”
Since its launch, Radikale has unveiled three types of beer:
- The Hopster: An American Pale Ale single hopped with Chinook; ABV 5.2%
- The Rubenesque: A Belgian Dubbel; ABV 7%
- The Radical Brew: A ground breaking rye ale that used gin botanicals instead of hops for flavoring; ABV 6.6%
The Radikale team stated that as a contract brewery they depend on fermenter space availability from their own contractors (licensed breweries), making it sometimes difficult to meet demand. The crew now believes, due to the brew’s already success, they are ready to have their very own brewery. They also noted that by having their own brewery, they will be able to control when, which and what quantity of beer they brew to meet market demand.
Funds from the campaign will be used for the following:
- Purchase a used brewing Kit
- Lease a industrial unit to be the home of Radikale (300 m2)
- Develop Brand Identity
- Create a website & marketing collateral
- Purchase merchandising material
- Hire Assistant Brewer
- Purchase additional kegs, cask and dispensing equipment
- Purchase initial inventory (3 month supply)
- Participate in events and promotions within the Craft Beer Industry
Radikale is currently offering 25% to those who invest during the campaign, which is set to close later this summer.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!