Last year, Pebble hit Kickstarter for its watch, Pebble Time, and surpassed its initial goal within just mere hours. By the end of its funding round, the startup gained $20,338,986 from 78,471 backers, which made its initiative the most funded project on the crowdfunding giant’s platform. The company previously found success on the funding site during its first campaign and achieved $10,266,845 from 68,929 backers.
Pebble took to the crowdfunding platform for the third time to raise $1 million for its new products, Pebble 2, Time 2, and Pebble Core. Each device offers new ways for users to enjoy the company’s famous technology.
- Pebble 2 ($109): Offers up an upgraded version of Pebble that includes a sleep tracker and an uncompromising heart rate monitor.
- Time 2 ($179): Described as a premium heart rate enabled stainless steel smartwatch with an updated color display.
- Pebble Core ($79): For runners, it is a flippable fitness device that lets users leave their phones at home. For hackers, it is a keychain company that becomes a “magic button for anything” (i.e. call uber, monitor pets, stream data from car ODB port). It is known as ultra-compact, ultra-lightweight, and ultra-affordable.
The three devices’ features include:
- Water resistant for 30 meters
- Compatible with iOS and Android
- Offers always-on display that’s readable indoors and out
- Great battery life: Up to a week on Pebble 2, up to 10 days on Time 2
- Music control
- Over 13,000 apps and watchfaces available
Pebble will ship Pebble 2, Time 2 and Core worldwide, with the exception of Argentina, Belarus, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, Myanmar/Burma, North Korea, Russia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen.
The company previously took to Twitter to thank backers for making the new project the 6th most funded campaign on Kickstarter:
— Pebble (@Pebble) May 29, 2016
Pebble’s campaign is set to close on June 30th.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!