Worldbuilders recently kicked off its annual 7-day Geeks Doing Good campaign on Indiegogo to raise $30,000. Within a matter of four days, the initiative has raised over $100,000 from over 2500 backers.
Established in 2008 by author Patrick Rothfuss, Worldbuilders seeks to bring the geek community for great philanthropy causes. So far, the organization has successfully secured nearly $5 million for charities like First Book,Mercy Corps, and Heifer International.
“When you donate during this Geeks Doing Good campaign, you are guaranteed to get the advertised reward. They’re affordable, they’re cool, and there’s no guesswork. You pledge at the soap level, you will get a bar of beautiful, handmade soap. Wha-BOOM! Hit in the face with Awesome!”
The campaign’s rewards are the following:
- The Karen Hallion Calendar: $15 – The organization’s third calendar with Karen Hallion, which consists of pop culture mashups.
- JoCoCruise 2016: $5 – Every JoCoCruise donation of this perk gets backers a digital postcard and an entry into a contest for a cabin of the 2017 cruise.
- T-shirts: $20 – high-quality t-shirts, printed here in the states. The company, Litographs, is also pitching in shirts for the campaign that will start at $34 (tote is $29)
- Hoodie: $55 – organization’s designed hoodie shows off the emblem and motto of the Amyr, as designed by Sarah Hartwick
- Notw Writing Gloves: $26 – Contains a portion of the text from The Name of the Wind
- Draccus Plushie: $30 – includes a 10″ stuff plush animal
Other items include books, coffee mugs, body spray, and more. The campaign is set to run until June 13th.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!