Pebble launched the campaign on the funding portal last month to raise $1 million for its new products, Pebble 2, Time 2, and Pebble Core. Each device notably offers new ways for users to enjoy the company’s famous technology.
- Pebble 2 ($109): Offers up an upgraded version of Pebble that includes a sleep tracker and an uncompromising heart rate monitor.
- Time 2 ($179): Described as a premium heart rate enabled stainless steel smartwatch with an updated color display.
- Pebble Core ($79): For runners, it is a flippable fitness device that lets users leave their phones at home. For hackers, it is a keychain company that becomes a “magic button for anything” (i.e. call uber, monitor pets, stream data from car ODB port). It is known as ultra-compact, ultra-lightweight, and ultra-affordable.
The three devices’ features include:
- Water resistant for 30 meters
- Compatible with iOS and Android
- Offers always-on display that’s readable indoors and out
- Great battery life: Up to a week on Pebble 2, up to 10 days on Time 2
- Music control
- Over 13,000 apps and watchfaces available
During the campaign, Pebble has announced new features for the watches, including a health wellness platform and happiness app. While explaining details about the wellness platform, the company shared:
“We’re introducing our vision for a suite of health services to help you develop and maintain healthy habits. No matter where you’re at in your fitness journey, we believe we can all stand to be a little healthier and happier–whether that’s by coping with stress, staying active, getting the right vitamins and nutrients, or checking in on your mood.”
Its happiness app, which is described as a new experimental smartphone software that “checks in” on the user to see how they are doing throughout the day. Pebble stated that during this one-week program, users can give input on other factors in their environment to get feedback on how those factors correlate to fluctuating moods.
Pebble will ship Pebble 2, Time 2 and Core worldwide, with the exception of Argentina, Belarus, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, Myanmar/Burma, North Korea, Russia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen. Delivery is scheduled for later this year.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!