With just one week until its epic Kickstarter comes to an end, vinyl desk toy, Fidget Cube, is close to securing $6 million thanks to over 140,000 backers. The toy has six sides that feature different ways that users can fidget. These are the following:
- Click: Users find 3 clicker buttons and 2 silent buttons that satisfy those who enjoy clicking on things.
- Glide: Enjoy the feel of a joystick without having to play a video game.
- Flip: This side of the cube can switch back and forth for a silent way to use the cube.
- Breathe: This side of the cube is has a design that is inspired by traditional worry stones. This helps to reduce anxiety when rubbed.
- Roll: This side’s gears and ball helps make rolling movements
- Spin: Offering a spinning kind of cube side.
Fidget Cube comes in eight different color schemes such as Dice, Graphite, Midnight, Aqua, Sunset, Berry, Fresh, and Retro. The best part about these toys is the fact that it can go anywhere users go. It was noted:
“There are really no limits to when and where you can use Fidget Cube. Use it while listening to a lecture, or while studying for that upcoming test. Use it in the next meeting you have to attend (or lead). Use it at your desk while working on projects. Enduring a lengthy commute and need to relieve some stress? Fidget away. Marathoning a Netflix series? Yep, you can fidget then too.”
Last week, the creators of the Fidget Cube, Colorado-based Antsy Labs, revealed more details about the toy’s production time:
“This week has brought with it many exciting updates in the area of manufacturing. As you know, one of our top priorities is to always provide clear, accurate, and honest communication. While we’ve remained optimistic that the first wave of shipments would begin in 2016, we haven’t wanted to overpromise this without having a firmer grasp on the exact path forward and what’s possible.”
They went on to add:
“We are happy to let you know that where we currently stand, this is still looking like a strong possibility – no, a strong probability. In fact, we’re even shooting to get the March shipments sent earlier than March. Please understand that this is still not a 100% guarantee – we simply want to stay transparent with regards to when we’ll be able to start shipping Fidget Cube.”
The Fidget Cube is currently available for $19. The campaign is set to close on October 19th.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!