Secret Spa, a platform that allows users to book 5-star spa beauty and wellness treatments to their home, office, or hotel, has launched an Angels Den equity crowdfunding campaign. The company is seeking £250,000 as it prepares to grow and expand its services.
The company currently offers beauty and spa treatments for nails, waxing, massage, eyes, facials, spray tans, makeup, and hair. Its mission is to provide exceptional therapists through a seamless iOS, Android and web apps that can be scaled across London, the UK and beyond. Secret Spa operates through a booking process and customers follow the following steps:
- Select from a range of luxury treatments in the iOS app or on the website
- Select a time & a place for the appointment and reserve by entering their payments details
- A request is then sent to select therapists in the Secret Spa network based on skill-set, availability, and the areas of London they cover
- Booking is automatically confirmed with the customer when a therapist accepts the job
Explaining the importance of the mobile beauty industry in London, the Secret Spa team revealed:
“The mobile beauty market is very fragmented with the majority of therapists operating as sole traders. In London there are some longstanding agencies which employ therapists directly. In the last 18 months, a number of start-ups have entered into the mobile beauty space in London with different models.”
- Hiring a team (£50,000 – £75,000)
- Marketing (£40,000-£80,000)
- Technology (£50,000 – £80,000)
- Ops (£10,000 – £15,000)
The initiative is set to close mid-November.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!