Less than a week after ringing in the new year, online lender Zopa took a look back at 2016 and the success it received during the past twelve months. The lending platform revealed it lent over £680 million to help 20,000 customers improve their home and 29,000 buy a car.
The Zopa team stated that during the year they continued to provide better products and greater choice to even more customers, all delivered with their trademark high standard of customer service. They also shared other memorable milestones throughout 2016, including:
- Receiving awards: Named Moneywise ‘Most Trusted Loan Provider’ for the seventh year in a row, the Moneyfacts ‘Best Personal Loan Provider’ for the second year in a row, the MoneySuperMarket’s ‘Best Personal Loan Provider of 2016,’ AltFi’s Editor Choice Award and F5 Awards’ Best P2P Lending Platform.
- New Partnerships: Became partners with Airbnb, Unshackled, and Partiti.
- New Products: Launched Zopa Access, Zopa Classic, and Zopa Plus.
- Lender Debut: European Capital Markets debut with the securitization of a portfolio of loans and announced plans to apply for a banking license.
- Company Revamping: Unveiled new logo and website, moved into larger London Bridge office and hosted second Zopathon.