On Thursday, global crowdfunding platform Indiegogo announced the launch of its new feature, Update Reactions. According to the portal, Update Reactions lets campaign organizers see how helpful their campaign updates are by allowing backers to interact using the reactions. This will also help organizers gather valuable feedback:
“Choosing one of three reactions, backers can choose to tell you your update is awesome, thank you for keeping them in the loop or request more information. The best part? You can use this feedback (which only you can see) to tailor future communications around the needs of your backers.”
An example is featured below.
Indiegogo also offered advice to campaign organizers on when to update backers:
- Send an update at least once every five days. Entrepreneurs who post updates once every five days raise 218% more than those who don’t.
- Share campaign achievements as they happen. No matter the milestone, backers feel good knowing they had a hand in the organizer’s success.
- Always share videos and photos. Sharing videos and photos of campaign progress can help them feel more involved.
- Clearly communicate when and why there is a delay or change in perks fulfillment. Chances are backers will be more understanding — and less disappointed — if they are kept informed of the challenges you are facing.
- Creating a message through the Indiegogo campaign page allows organizers to update everyone who’s contributed to, favorited or commented on your campaign.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!