Less than one week after announcing more than 12.7 million backers have raised $3 billion to go towards independent creators on its crowdfunding platform, Kickstarter shared that 10,000 art projects have been funded through its funding portal. While sharing details about the latest milestone, the Kickstarter Arts crew revealed in a blog post:
“Thousands of artists and arts organizations have used Kickstarter to connect with a global community and create some incredible projects, from major museum exhibitions to bold public art installations and collectible limited editions. Today we’re pleased to announce that there have been over 10,000 successfully funded projects in the Art category.”
Other parts of the platform’s latest milestone include:
- More than $70 million has been pledged to Art projects on Kickstarter.
- Over 600,000 people have backed at least one successful Art project, and over 90,000 have supported two or more.
- The largest Art project, by the Amplifier Foundation, secured more than $1.3 million from over 20,000 backers across the globe to distribute art at the Women’s March on Washington and beyond.
- More than 700 creators have launched multiple successful Art projects.
- Currently, over 600 pledges are made to Art projects on Kickstarter each day, compared to just 17 pledges per day in the platform’s first year.
- Of the 10,000 and more successful Art projects, over 1,400 have been public art.
The team then added:
“To all of you art creators and supporters out there, thank you for being such a crucial part of the arts community on Kickstarter. We can’t wait to see what the next 10,000 projects have in store!”
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!