Silicon Valley-based GSVlabs has recently launched an equity crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo/Microventures to raise growth funding. Founded in 2012, GSVlabs engages with startups, corporations, international agencies, mentors, universities, investors, thought leaders, and non-profits. The organization stated:
“Silicon Valley isn’t just a location in California; it’s a mindset that inspires entrepreneurship, collaboration between the best and brightest, and mentorship. NestGSV, Inc. (d/b/a GSVlabs) offers a highly curated, immersive experience that provides startups with invaluable resources such as coworking space, education, networking, venture capital, and mentorship from more than 150 industry veterans and thought leaders. GSVlabs’ corporate partners, including IBM, JetBlue, and AT&T, likewise have access to technological innovation and disruptive business models. Over $4 million in revenue was generated in 2016, due in part to GSVlabs’ events such as the Pioneer Summit, which has drawn over 1,300 attendees and speakers in the past.”
Startups can apply for one of five innovation labs: Big Data Innovation Lab, EdTech Innovation Lab, Entertainment Innovation lab, Mobile Innovation Lab, and Sustainability Innovation Lab. GSVlabs notably hosts more than 80 events each year to facilitate conversation and collaboration, including its biggest event, the annual Pioneer Summit, which is a combination of keynote speakers, panel discussions, interactive workshops, pitch competitions, and networking. Other highlights include:
- In 2016, GSVlabs generated over $4 million in revenue
- Monthly lab desk fees, the company’s primary source of revenue, increased by over 60% between January 2015 and March 2017
- Q1 2017 revenue is up 30% from Q1 2016 while operating expenses are down 9%
- Corporate partners include IBM, JetBlue, 3M, Intel, AT&T, and The Times of India
- GSVlabs startups have been acquired by leading tech companies such as Facebook (Privatecore, Nascent Objects) and WeWork (Welkio)
- Previous GSV events drew over 3,000 attendees, with speakers such as Bill Gates, Sir Richard Branson, Guy Kawasaki, and Dr. Condoleezza Rice
Funds from the campaign will be used to continue GSVlabs’ growth. It is set to close at the end of September.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!