Readers may remember that last March, after receiving keen investor interest for its Reg CF offer, Legion M launched a Reg A+ crowdfunding round to raise a minimum amount of $500,000 on Wefunder, the first Reg A+ offer to be listed on the prominent investment crowdfunding platform. Flash forward… Legion M’s campaign is seriously overfunding, having raised over $1,494,490 from more than 2,514 investors; the team’s original goal was to raise $500K for $7.47/share of Class A Common Stock. The company list its pre-money valuation at $15.4M.
“Legion M partners with creators – from independent filmmakers to big Hollywood studios – to bring boldly original new movies, TV shows and virtual reality experiences to market,” indicated CEO Paul Scanlan on the campaign. “We’re also the first entertainment company in history built from the ground up to be owned by FANS. With the help of the JOBS Act, we’re opening the gates of Hollywood and giving fans a first-ever opportunity to go behind the scenes and get in on the ground floor of Hollywood’s newest media startup!”
[clickToTweet tweet=”[email protected] seriously overfunding on @wefunder” quote=”Legion M CEO Paul Scanlan: ‘Built from the ground up to be owned by FANS.'”]
- Founded by Emmy winning digital media pioneers
- SOLD OUT Reg CF seed round was oversubscribed by nearly 30%, with over 3,100 investors–the most in JOBS Act History!
- Initial slate of projects includes a feature film starring Anne Hathaway and Jason Sudeikis and a groundbreaking virtual reality series with Stan Lee and Kevin Smith.
- Thriving community of over 13,000 members and 5,000 investors
- Advisory board of Hollywood heavyweights, including executives from Sony, Legendary/Nerdist/Geek & Sundry, Neon, Alamo Drafthouse, Meltdown, 42 Entertainment, Starlog/Fangoria and more.
- Organized fans around the world to present Stan Lee with an Imprint Ceremony at the TCL Chinese Theatre in Hollywood (the first to ever be presented by fans!)
Legion M’s current fundraise ends 25 August. For more detailed campaign information, click here.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!