Following a successful pre-sale where organizers reportedly raised $15 million, the SelfKey public Initial Coin Offering will start tomorrow (January 14th @ 12 AM UTC).
Founded by Edmund Lowell, SelfKey’s tech stack is already in use. In fact SelfKey may find itself in use with some big financial institutions to speed up the “Know Your Customer” (KYC) process. SelfKey was built with the help of Standard Chartered Bank and has facilitated KYC for token sales such as Airswap, Aditus, Gatcoin, AiX, and Hotoken. Identity needs are a perfect fit for Blockchain or Distributed Ledger Technology. Today, most KYC or ID verification is rather analog, time consuming and, of course, costly. A Blockchain solution is inevitable. Will SelfKey be “the one.” I don’t know, but it is pretty cool they are working with Standard Chartered.
The public sale is of the KEY tokens is capped at $5.94 million and will last until January 31st – if necessary. If you happen to live in China or the US, sorry, you are not invited to this token crowdfunding round.
The public sale details are as follows:
- Each KEY token shall cost USD $0.015, and there is no bonus.
- The ETH/USD conversion rate will be published on selfkey.org. Conversion rate will be determined by the average ETH/USD market rate within 24 hours prior to the Public Sale. It will not change throughout the Public Sale, even if ETH prices rise or fall.
- There is a minimum purchase of USD $100.
- First Day Limit. The first day of the Public Sale, 14 January, there is a lower limit of 200,000 KEY tokens or USD $3,000.
- Maximum Limit. The Maximum Limit is 1,200,000 KEY tokens or USD $18,000.
Following the purchase tokens will show up immediately in your wallet but they will be locked until the day after the public sale.
If you are interested, the deck is below.selfkeydeck-Decl ICO
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!