The House Agricultural Committee is the next contingency in Congress to schedule a hearing on cryptocurrencies. The hearing entitled “Cryptocurrencies: Oversight of New Assets in the Digital Age” is scheduled to take place tomorrow, at 10AM ET (Wednesday, July 18, 2018), in the Longworth House Office Building.
“This hearing will shed light on the promise of digital assets and the regulatory challenges facing this new asset class. Our committee has a deep interest in promoting strong markets for commodities of all types, including those emerging through new technology.”
Witnesses for the hearing include:
- Joshua Fairfield, William Donald Bain Family Professor of Law, Washington and Lee University School of Law, Staunton, VA
- Amber Baldet, Co-Founder and CEO, Clovyr, New York, NY
- Scott Kupor, Managing Partner, Andreessen Horowitz, Menlo Park, CA
- Daniel Gorfine, Director, LabCFTC and Chief Innovation Officer, CFTC, Washington, DC
- The Honorable Gary Gensler, Senior Lecturer, MIT Sloan School of Management, Brooklandville, MD
- Lowell Ness, Managing Partner, Perkins Coie LLP, Palo Alto, CA
The hearing will be live streamed on the Committee web site.