Plug and Play announced earlier this week the first batch of startups selected for its multi-corporate Fintech and Insurtech program in Singapore. The accelerator reported it screened over more than applicants for the program. While sharing more details, Kayvon Deldar, Program Head of Plug and Play Singapore Fintech and Insurtech.
“The launch of our Fintech and Insurtech program this year with 24 startups sees us bring in both local and international startups, adding more color into the startup ecosystem in Singapore. We hope to continue partnering with leading companies and startups around the region to provide high-quality products and solutions for our corporate partners’ core business and innovation goals.”
Plug and Play also revealed that throughout the duration of the 12-week program, startups will be introduced to Plug and Play’s corporate partners and have the chance to work with their different business units to evaluate pilot projects and investment opportunities with these companies. The EXPO or Demo Day for these startups will be in mid-November, coinciding with the Singapore Fintech Festival. Here are the 24 startups selected:
- AIDA Technologies: The company’s AI-Driven Analytics provides solutions which addresses the key challenge of automation of knowledge work by augmenting human experts ability to make decisions when confronted with huge amounts of heterogeneous information from diverse sources.
- ALLCARE: Make company benefits like healthcare, insurance, training, and other perks accessible to all workers including contractual, freelancers and self-employed individuals.
- Amodo: Enables Insurance companies to achieve significant savings through lower claim costs and to facilitate business growth through lower acquisition cost, and higher CLTV.
- Apvera: Leverages adaptive analytics to understand user behavior and the interactions they have between applications they use and the company’s network.
- Bambu: A B2B Robo-Advisor, offering businesses the ability to benefit from the ongoing digital transformation in wealth management.
- Brankas: The company was built with the goal of empowering consumers and small businesses with the tools for better money management.
- Cignifi: The company claims to have developed the first digital acquisition and scoring platform using mobile phone behavior data, which enables banks and insurers to acquire and underwrite underserved emerging consumers, providing financial products for millions of customers who lack traditional credit histories.
- Claim Di: A mobile application that facilitates all communication and claims between drivers and their insurance companies.
- Dowsure: A cross border e-commerce insurance company dominated by seniors of insurance and IT experts with leading Dynamic Risk Pricing Model based on AI and Risk Management System.
- Eltropy: An Enterprise SaaS company that has built the world’s first text-messaging based Sales platform, using which BFSI sales teams can leverage SMS, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger etc. to engage and sell financial products to customers.
- Flowcast: A Fintech startup bringing AI/machine learning to supply chain finance, providing a machine learning algorithm to assess performance risks at the transaction-level.
- HEXANIKA: Offers a simple, smart and efficient software harnesses Big Data and Machine Learning to automate data ingestion and rules creation for analytics and reporting, improving data quality, keeps regulatory reporting in harmony with the dynamic regulatory requirements, and keeps pace with latest regulatory updates.
- Limitless: This company has a mission is to provide banks and other financial institutions with a PSD2-ready, white-label micro-investment solution that helps young people reach their goals faster in a simple and engaging way.
- Lucep: Gets sales teams talking to your leads in under 60 seconds – leads instantly go from your website to the mobile of every sales person, helping SME businesses convert website traffic into actionable leads that their sales teams can engage with.
- Moxtra: Helps financial services companies deliver a customer-centric, digital branch experience to attract, engage, and retain today’s banking customers.
- Onfido: An identity verification and background check platform designed to help companies ensure that their customers are who they claim to be.
- PolicyPal: This company helps consumers and SMEs to manage and optimize insurance policies through OCR technology and AI chatbot, offering personalized recommendations using social media and existing policies data, allowing users a variety of options as well as providing transparency on their policies’ coverages.
- Pypestream – www.pypestream.com
Pypestream is a Customer Engagement Solution that connects businesses to their customers through the power of smart messaging to drive satisfaction and loyalty.
- SQREEM Technologies: A privately held technology company delivering products and services to over 40 commercial and public sector customers worldwide.
- TAIGER: A software vendor specialized in providing knowledge worker automation solutions such as Corporate Account On-boarding, Margin calls, Manual Allocations, SSI or claims processing to Financial Institutions, Insurance and Governments.
- Verrency: A fintech innovation platform and marketplace that enables Issuing Banks to introduce innovative payment services faster, at lower cost and reduced risk.
- Vizru Inc.: Offers a Digital Transformation suite that allows enterprises to adapt to any changes in the industry.
- Vymo: An Intelligent Personal Assistant that automatically detects actions of sales reps, predicts what a sales rep should do next, learns from the best reps in the organization, and coaches them to achieve best outcomes.