Jason Calacanis is offering live crowdfunding once again – this time during LAUCH Scale in San Francisco this week.
Calacanis partnered with investment crowdfunding platform SeedInvest to help match investors to the early stage firms. The event took place yesterday (Thursday, October 11, 2018) with the pitches being live streamed on the LAUNCH site.
Ryan Feit, CEO and co-founder of SeedInvest, told CI:
“SeedInvest and LAUNCH both believe in removing friction for entrepreneurs while also democratizing investing in startups … So we frankly just love working with Jason and his team whenever we get the chance.”
Previous live crowdfunding events have worked out quite well for both LAUNCH and SeedInvest. CI spoke to Feit last year to inquire if the live crowdfunding was successful. Feit said he was pleased to report that over $4.5 million was raised by the LAUNCH startups on SeedInvest from over 2,700 investors during LAUNCH Festival in 2017.
This year, six different early stage firms pitched at LAUNCH Scale. The companies are currently listed on the SeedInvest and will be accepting investments during the coming weeks. The following companies participated in the event and are live now on the SeedInvest website:
- Kapsul – Reinventing air conditioning, one room at a time.
- Adistry – Sales platform removing the grunt work of selling and managing advertising campaigns and conference sponsorships.
- axle ai – Radically simple video search software
- SeatAssignMate – An interactive email-based merchandising platform specialized in travel, transportation, and logistics.
- Valeet – Curbside valet parking at the airport
- Blue Bite – IoT platform that transforms physical products into an interactive content channel to engage customers.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!