Blockchain software firm BitGo announced on Wednesday it has formed a partnership with Genesis Global Trading, an over-the-counter digital currency trading firm, to provide clients with the ability to trade digital assets directly from BitGo custody.
BitGo reported that through the integration BitGo Trust clients may easily execute buy and sell orders without having to manage keys or move their assets. There are no additional fees for this service. Through BitGo’s partnership with Genesis, clients can:
- Maintain assets in custody with BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for digital assets
- Get online, real-time pricing for buy and sell orders
- Easily execute transactions from cold storage without having to manage keys
- Access Genesis’ deep liquidity through a robust network of trading partners with same day settlement directly through a BitGo Trust account
- Trade a variety of currencies including Bitcoin (BTC), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Ethereum (ETH), Litecoin (LTC), Ripple (XRP), and Zcash (ZEC).
While sharing more details about the partnership, Mike Belshe, CEO, of BitGo, stated:
“Some custodians are choosing to sacrifice security and safety by enabling fast withdrawals from cold-storage which makes their clients more susceptible to hacking, false instructions, and theft. Our partnership with Genesis, a FINRA and SEC regulated company, gives our clients access to liquidity through Genesis’ robust network of trading partners. And that solves the real problem which is the need to access liquidity – not the need to speed up withdrawals.”
Michael Moro, CEO of Genesis, went on to add:
“BitGo has been a terrific, long-term partner to Genesis and we have a lot of confidence in their institutional offerings. We are an industry leader in digital currency trading and lending, and providing liquidity for companies like BitGo is an important part of our value proposition.”