Crowdsourcing Week recently held their inaugural BOLD Awards near Venice. Organizers selected winners in 12 categories plus three special awards. The event itself was organized and hosted by H-FARM, a startup business development and accelerator hub in Europe.
Crowdsourcing Week’s CEO Epi Ludvik and Emil Abirascid, Founder and Editor in Chief of Startupbusiness, opened and emceed the event.
According to organizers, over 300 initial nominations had been reduced to a shortlist of five nominees per category by online public voting. An international panel of judges, chaired by H-FARM’s co-founder Maurizio Rossi, then finalized the winners.
The winner’s of the BOLD awards are as follows:
- Boldest Crowdsourced Online Platform, presented by Mathesia: Mindhive – Bruce Muirhead
- Boldest Crowdsourced Marketing & Advertising Campaign, presented by Tipalti: Rebuild Kerala – John Santhosh
- Boldest Open Innovation, presented by H-FARM: Open Cosmos – Remco Timmermans
- Boldest Space Frontier, presented by HeroX: Open Cosmos – Remco Timmermans
- Boldest AI, presented by Spark Beyond: ScienceAtHome – Janet Rafner
- Boldest Scientific Project, presented by sbv IMPROVER: ScienceAtHome – Janet Rafner
- Boldest Crowdfunding Campaign, presented by Crowdsourcing Week: Startup Italia – David Casalini
- Boldest Blockchain Platform: Medicohealth – Milan Rajlic
- Boldest ICO/Cryptocurrency: MakerDao & DAI Stablecoin – Lenka Hudakova
- Boldest Future Robot, presented by HeroX: Vostok – Roberto Polesel
- Boldest Young Achiever Under 25, presented by GoGo Places: Francesco Bellanca from Feral Horses
- Boldest Innovator, presented by Surcle: Memomi – Alexios Blanos
An award for the BOLDest Government Digital Project was presented to e-Residency Estonia. Ambassador Celia Kuningas-Saagpakk was on hand to receive the recognition. The award recognizes Estonia’s breakthrough as the first country to offer a government-issued digital identity and status. It allows non-Estonians to access Estonian services such as company formation, banking, payment processing, and taxation.
Maurizio Rossi, who was instrumental in the success of the inaugural annual BOLD Awards, and is the Founder & Co-CEO of H-FARM, was recognized with a special award for Being BOLD for creating the hub of H-FARM.
A third special award, also for Being BOLD, was made to Maria Ressa – RAPPLER’s CEO & Executive Editor.
RAPPLER is a social news network that crowdsources stories to inspire investigative journalism, community engagement and digitally fuelled actions for social change in Indonesia and the Philippines.