The Investment Association (IA) announced on Wednesday the second cohort of fintech firms which will be joining Velocity, the IA’s innovation hub and FinTech accelerator for the buy-side and asset management industry. The firms selected are the following:
- AxeTrading: A specialist Fixed Income EMS delivering technology toolkits for trading connectivity, bonds pricing engine and multi-layer data aggregation: purpose-built for Fixed Income markets automation and generating trading alpha.
- BlueFireAI: Cost-effectively unlocks Chinese capital markets to foreign institutional investors by delivering a deeper understanding of Chinese onshore companies and their assets.
- CUBE: An enterprise-scale platform that delivers regulatory intelligence and regulatory change management.
- HUBX: A white-label solution for private markets advisors helping them to track, distribute, and execute their private deals.
- Qwill Messenger: A single persistent chat app for everyone, allowing clients of multiple firms to safely engage with their staff representatives within a branded space, fully controlled and coordinated by each firm.
IA reported that since the launch of Velocity and the creation of its fintech membership category, the IA has seen more than 70 FinTech firms join its ranks in the past six months, with five of these forming the first Velocity cohort in October last year.
“As the IA’s fastest growing membership category, fintech membership accommodates the specific needs of FinTechs operating within the wider buy-side market. It has attracted firms representing a wide variety of technologies covering: AI, big data, cloud-based infrastructure, DLT and Blockchain, mobile and wealth technologies, as well as robotics and automation. These firms also highlight the global outlook of the UK’s FinTech firms, with IA FinTech members operating in over 30 jurisdictions globally including Europe, the U.S., India, Singapore, and Hong Kong.”
Chris Cummings, Chief Executive of the Investment Association, added:
“Competition to join the IA’s accelerator programme continues to grow, with 50 talented FinTech firms vying to take part. Congratulations to AxeTrading, BlueFireAI, CUBE, HUBX, and Qwill Messenger who have succeeded in securing their place in the second Velocity cohort. Velocity has acted as a catalyst in bringing together the asset management industry and the most cutting-edge FinTech firms, in the search for new and innovative solutions. Our innovation hub is now among one of the largest buy-side communities of FinTech firms in Europe.”