UK-based digital banking platform Starling Bank recently celebrated its second anniversary. Founded in 2014 and officially launched in 2017, Starling Bank describes itself as a UK mobile-only bank that offers personal, joint, and business accounts. The app allows users to “take the stress out” of money by letting them visualize and manage they finances in real time.
“Our 100% mobile personal accounts include instant real-time payment notifications, insights into spending habits, in-app card lock, a flexible overdraft and 24/7 in-app customer service and the Starling Marketplace – which allows our customers to connect to an ecosystem of financial services and products, all in app, putting control over their entire financial life in the palm of their hand. Plus, with a MasterCard Contactless Debit Card, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, FitBit Pay and Garmin Pay – our customers can pay their way.”
Starling reported that since its official launch it has helped more than 600,000 customers manage their money.
“We launched Starling as a disruptor – we’re all about questioning old logic and finding ways that work better. We applied this approach to our debit card, which we relaunched last July with a striking new vertical design – teal for the personal account and navy for the business account.”
The company has also won various awards, including the following:
- Best British Bank, Best Current Account and Best Business Account by Smart Money People
- Best Opening Banking Strategy of the Year at the Retail Banker Awards
- Consumer finance product of the year by FSTech
- Best Debit Card for use Abroad and Best Business Current Account by Moneynet
- Digital bank of the year by AltFi
- Personal Finance App of the Year and Open Banking Initiative of the Year at the Payment Awards
- Hottest FinTech Startup at the Europas
- People’s Choice winner for Product in the Creative Pool Awards
Starling went on to add:
“Throughout the last two years we’ve strived to put our customers first – from the early adopters who downloaded the Starling Bank app on 9 May 2017 to those joining us today. This is just the beginning of a new journey and we’re excited to have you aboard. Thank you.”