Cannabis company BOL Pharma (Breath of Life International) is preparing an initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX). This is according to a company release and a preliminary prospectus filed in Canada. It was reported that BOL will have a valuation of around $1 billion.
BOL Pharma is a leading producer of medical cannabis and cannabis products in Israel, supplying patients, pharmacies and other participants with cannabis products. They were one of the first licensed medical cannabis cultivators in Israel and have been leading the Israeli medical cannabis industry since 2008.
BOL has taken a highly professional approach to medical usage of pharmaceutical grade cannabis product in a strictly controlled process. In Israel, recreational use is not legal but medical cannabis is widely available. BOL Pharma seeks to become the global leader in medical cannabis and the cannabinoid-based pharmaceutical and health and wellness industries.
Current and future products include:
- 11 varieties of medicated drops (10 varieties currently marketed and one variety planned to be marketed in the second half of 2019)
- Three varieties of sublingual tablets (planned to be marketed in the second half of 2019)
- Two varieties of capsules (under development and planned to be marketed in 2020)
- Nine different cannabinoid-based APIs for drug development (three currently marketed and six planned to be marketed in the second half of 2019)
- 24 varieties of medical cannabis flower products (12 varieties currently marketed and 12 varieties planned to be marketed in the second half of 2019, based on market demand)
BOL has targeted multiple markets for export including the UK, Canada, Australia, Germany and more.
The Offering is being co-led by BMO Nesbitt Burns Inc., Cowen & Company LLC and Scotia Capital Inc. as joint bookrunners.
BOL Pharma is an OurCrowd portfolio company. Recently, OurCrowd experienced two high profile exit opportunities as the platform holds shares in both Beyond Meat and Uber – each recently going public in an IPO.
To date, OurCrowd has claimed 34 exits with 11 of them occurring in 2018 as the crowdfunding portfolio matures. OurCrowd enables smaller (accredited) investors to gain unique investment access into processing early stage companies.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!