Bitcoin IRA, a company that allows individuals to invest in cryptocurrency, announced on Thursday it has lowered its rates for 2020 based on improvements to its 24/7 self-trading platform and its OTC liquidity partner. Bitcoin IRA reported it has lowered its platform fees by 25% for 2020 and these fees can be as low as 1.5% per year, front-loaded, based on an estimated five-year hold period (fees vary based on investment amount). The company also observed:
“In addition, the average gains for all clients who purchased cryptocurrency in January 2020 was 11.6% which far exceeded the cost of the platform fees. As the value of Bitcoin continues to increase sharply, self-directed investors who purchased during at the beginning of January now have returns exceeding 40%.”
The company’s fees go towards covering the following services:
- $100 Million Custody Insurance Protection: Digital assets under custody are insured for up to $100 million.
- 24/7 Self-Trading Platform: Buy and sell digital assets 24/7 in real-time in an IRA using the company’s proprietary self-trading platform.
- Custody: Digital assets are stored with BitGo Trust, which is powered by BitGo lnc.’s technology. BitGo Inc. is the world’s largest processor of on-chain Bitcoin transactions, processing 15% of all global Bitcoin transactions and holding over $2 billion in assets in wallet.
- Interest-Earning Program: Earn interest on crypto and cash with Bitcoin IRA.
- Biometric Facial Recognition Protection: Provides an additional layer of MFA protection and meets the highest standards in KYC & AML compliance.
- SOC 2 Type 2 Security Certification: BitGo’s SOC 2 Type 2 certified platform provides high standards of security. Certified by a third-party auditor, it ensures that there are rigorous internal controls over financial asset reporting, privacy, security, encryption, data, and compliance.
- Military-Grade Security: 100% cold storage technology in bank-grade Class Ill vaults. Purpose-built security for digital assets.
- Dedicated Phone Support: A knowledgeable team of IRA specialists is available to answer questions.
Chris Kline, COO, Bitcoin IRA added:
“With our new and reduced rates, not only do we offer the best-in-class security technology & customer experience, we now also offer them at a better price point for clients. As cryptocurrencies are continuing to out-perform traditional markets there has never been a better time for self-directed investors to consider diversifying a part of their retirement account into this record-setting sector using our easy, fast and secure crypto IRA platform.”