Wombat Invest, a UK-based investment app, announced earlier this week it now has more than 12,500 users on its platform. This news comes just after the company secured its initial £250,000 funding target on equity crowdfunding platform Seedrs.
As previously reported, Wombat Invest offers investors a way to trade for free in firms that match their lifestyles, interests, and beliefs. The company’s mission is to empower generations to manage, save and grow their money as well as breaking down barriers that prevent people from investing. Users may choose from 16 themed funds, which include ‘The Social Media Guru,’ ‘The Foodie,’ and ‘The Green Machine.’ Investors may also auto-invest a certain amount each month and/or use a round-up function linked to a bank account.
“Wombat makes investing easy. Open a FREE account in minutes and get started with just £10. Choose from a range of carefully selected themed funds that includes companies such as Netflix, Google, Tesla, and Amazon.”
Funds from the Seedrs campaign will be used for the following:
- User acquisition: Wombat will continue to build our customer base and fulfill its growth strategy with a significant increase in marketing spend to drive customer growth.
- Product Development: Increased app development spend to cater for the following;
- Referral program to further drive customer growth and investment on the platform.
- Promo codes through marketing partnerships
- Instant Payments: Integration with Apple and Android pay.
- New Funds: Launching a range of additional themes in the Wombat portfolio.
- Customer Experience – Continue our mission to educate our customers about investing and grow our community of first-time investors.
The campaign has now raised nearly £265,000 from more than 320 investors. Wombat is currently offering 9.07% in equity through the funding round, at a £2.5 million pre-money valuation.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!