Hong Kong-based cryptocurrency platform Crypto.com announced On Thursday it has rolled out significant infrastructure upgrades to its Exchange, including a revamped Matching Engine, OMS (Order Management System), and unified REST and Websocket API.
According to Crypto.com, the update will lead to a ten times increase in performance and throughput, paving the way for an aggressive product roadmap for the rest of 2020, which includes the launch of margin and derivatives trading. The new infrastructure significantly improves the overall performance, including:
- Revamped Matching Engine, Order Management System: Leading to a 10x increase in performance and throughput
- Unified REST and Websocket API: Providing ease of adoption for both API platforms, with Websockets allowing clients to create a persistent connection to place orders and trades for high-frequency trading
- Redesigned architecture: Improving scalability, security, and latency, which paves the way for a powerful and robust risk engine and high leverage margin and derivatives trading
- Addition of high-availability and resilience: To every component, increasing stability and eliminating single points of failure
Crypto.com also announced promotional incentives on the Exchange including:
- 0% trading fee for the first 90 days for new users (new)
- Up to 50% trading fee reduction on all trades for existing users (new)
- 2% bonus deposit interest rate, applicable to all deposits made to the exchange wallet in the first 30 days after the successful sign-up
- A Special Syndicate BTC 50% off event celebrating Crypto.com’s fourth anniversary on June 30
Founded in 2016, Crypto.com is aiming to accelerate the “world’s transition” to cryptocurrency. Its key products include the Crypto.com App, the MCO Visa Card, and the Crypto.com Chain. The platform recently announced it has reduced withdrawal fees for a total of 12 cryptocurrencies.