Finovate has announced its selection of individuals and firms in the Fintech sector that have had an exemplary year. This is the group’s second go at doing the Finovate Awards and this year is obviously a bit different due to the ongoing pandemic shifting events to the virtual realm.
Of note, is that Renaud Laplanche, founder and CEO of Upgrade, was selected as Fintech Executive of the Year.
Lisa Kimball from Finicity won the Fintech Woman of the year.
Steve McLaughlin, founder & CEO at FT Partners – the leading Fintech investment bank, issued the following comment on Laplanche’s win:
“Renaud is one of the very few people in the world who’s ever been the founding CEO of 2 unicorns. He is one of the most prominent and influential figures in Fintech, and very much deserves the Finovate Fintech Executive of the Year Award.”
The complete list of all the winners is published below.
- Best Alternative Investment Platform: CNote
- Best Back Office / Core-Service Provider: MAXEX
- Best Consumer Lending Platform: NF Innova and Raifeeisen Bank Serbia
- Best Customer Experience: Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- Best Digital Bank: STASH
- Best Digital Mortgage Platform: LendingHome
- Best Enterprise Payments Solution: PaymentGalaxy by Finzly
- Best Financial Mobile App: TMRW by United Overseas Bank
- Best Fintech Accelerator / Incubator: The Venture Center’s FIS and ICBA Accelerators
- Best Fintech Partnership: PPP.bank (Citizens Bank of Edmond and Teslar Software)
- Best ID Management Solution: buguroo
- Best Insurtech Solution: Spire by Ernst & Young
- Best Mobile Payments Solution: Nordic API GatewaBest RegTech Solution: Facteus
- Best SMB/SME Banking Solution: ANNA Money
- Best Use of AI/ML: Socure
- Best Wealth Management Solution: SoFi Invest
- Excellence in Financial Inclusion: Current
- Excellence in Sustainability: PayActiv
- Executive of the Year: Renaud Laplanche, Upgrade
- Fintech Woman of the Year: Lisa Kimball, Finicity
- Innovator of the Year: Elena Ionenko, Turnkey Lender
- Top Emerging Tech Company: Breach Clarity