FinTech Australia announced on Monday it has made several new board appointments and has elected Paypa Plane founder and CEO Simone Joyce as Chair.
The three new appointments include:
- Marie Mortimer, managing director of Loans.com.au and director of FinTech QLD.
- Nathan Walsh, Co-founder and CEO Athena Home Loans
- Micheal Saadat, Afterpay’s director of public policy and regulatory affairs.
Three members of the board were also re-elected:
- Carla Harris, co-founder and CEO of Longevity App
- Oliver Kidd, founder and CEO of Archa
- Timothy Cameron, Country Manager, Australia at Transferwise
They join the current board members:
- Alan Tsen, founder of Fintech focused SideFund who has been elected as Deputy Chair.
- Robin Sands, CEO of Link4 Cloud
- Paul Kang, Co-Founder and Director of Entersoft Security
FinTech Australia further revealed that the new appointments replace Lauren Caplin (formerly Reinventure, now at Startmate), Tim Dean (Credi.com) who has served their electoral term on FinTech Australia’s board. Former Chair Alan Tsen has been re-elected as Deputy Chair.
Speaking about her appointment, Joyce stated:
“It’s an honor to be elected as FinTech Australia’s first female chair. FinTech Australia has accomplished so much in the past few years, but with the true economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic yet to be realised, there’s still plenty of hard work ahead of us. I look forward to working closely with Rebecca and the board to help our ecosystem navigate this difficult time.”
FinTech Australia CEO, Rebecca Schot-Guppy, added:
“While we have always had fantastic representation of the sector on our board, I am particularly excited about Marie, Nathan and Michael’s appointment as the trio bring a new level of rigour to our organisation. They strengthen our knowledge of the lending industry and their expertise will also help bolster our ongoing policy and advocacy work.”
FinTech Australia describes itself as the peak body for the Australian financial services, technology and innovation – FinTech industry.
“We were founded by Startups, and are a startup ourselves. We work with founders, startups, scaleups and the FinTech ecosystem. We represent our members and advocate for outcomes that facilitate the growth of the FinTech ecosystem with the goal of making Australia a leading FinTech market.”