US-based digital assets firm Gemini announced on Tuesday the details of its first-of-a-kind cryptocurrency rewards credit card, including a partnership with Mastercard and WebBank. The company reported that the credit card, which has more than 140,000 people on its waitlist, will be making its debut in Summer 2021.
Gemini revealed it has teamed up with Mastercard as the exclusive card network to offer various features for the upcoming offering:
- Crypto rewards on purchases: Cardholders will earn up to 3% back on qualifying purchases in bitcoin or any of the more than 30 cryptocurrencies available on Gemini. Crypto rewards will automatically be deposited into the cardholders’ Gemini account.
- Real-time rewards: Gemini is building a first-of-a-kind crypto rewards platform to deliver crypto rewards in real-time. Unlike most cards, which pay rewards out monthly, Gemini cardholders will receive their crypto rewards as the transaction occurs for most of their purchases.
- No annual fee: The card will have no annual fee so cardholders can receive the full value of their rewards. Combined with 24/7 live customer support, it will deliver a superior cardholder experience.
- Security-first design: The sleek, metal card — available in black, silver, or rose gold — is contactless and was built with security in mind. Only the cardholder’s name appears on the card, removing other sensitive information, like the 16-digit card number, which can be easily accessed via the Gemini web or mobile app and requires two-factor authentication.
- Near-instant access: Upon approval, cardholders can instantly access the Gemini Credit Card and begin making purchases online, in-app, and at the point of sale by directly adding it to their mobile wallet from the Gemini mobile app. Cardholders can also manage their payment credentials digitally, including access to transaction history and balance information, alerts, and access to card benefits.
- World Mastercard Benefits: Cardholders can access exclusive offers with select merchants such as DoorDash, HelloFresh, Lyft and ShopRunner. The Gemini Credit Card will also include advanced security features including Mastercard ID Theft Protection, Zero Liability, and Price Protection, and cardholders will also have access to Priceless Experiences, offering activities both digitally and in the cities where they are.
Gemini also reported that the Gemini Credit Card will offer real-time crypto rewards available in all 50 U.S. States and will be accepted wherever Mastercard is accepted.
Founded in 2014, Gemini describes itself as a next-generation cryptocurrency and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, and store digital assets such as bitcoin and ether.
“Gemini is building a bridge to the future of money. We offer an industry-leading suite of crypto-native products and tools for individuals and institutions; enabling them to grow, manage, and use cryptocurrency holdings with world-class security, compliance, and customer experience.”