On July 16, commencing at 12 PM ET, the Artificial Intelligence Task Force will hold a hearing entitled “I Am Who I Say I Am: Verifying Identity while Preserving Privacy in the Digital Age.”
On July 27, kicking off at 10 AM ET, the Subcommittee on National Security, International Development and Monetary Policy will convene for an in-person hearing entitled, “The Promises and Perils of Central Bank Digital Currencies.”
The Subcommittee on Consumer Protection and Financial Institutions will also convene for a hearing entitled, “Banking the Unbanked: Exploring Private and Public Efforts to Expand Access to the Financial System.” While this should be all about Fintech and empowering innovation, it is not yet clear as to the direction of the hearing.
Details for all hearings should be released in the days prior to the actual gathering.
The other hearings scheduled are listed below. As is typical, these hearings will be live-streamed on the Committee’s website.
- July 14 at 12:00 PM ET: The full Committee will convene for a virtual hearing entitled, “Monetary Policy and the State of the Economy.”
- July 15 at 12:00 PM ET: The Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations will convene for a virtual hearing entitled, “CDBG Disaster Recovery: States, Cities, and Denials of Funding.”
- July 20 at 10:00 AM ET: The full Committee will convene for an in-person hearing entitled, “Building Back A Better, More Equitable Housing Infrastructure for America: Oversight of the Department of Housing and Urban Development.”
- July 21 at 2:00 PM ET: The Subcommittee on Investor Protection, Entrepreneurship and Capital Markets will convene for an in-person hearing entitled, “Bond Rating Agencies: Examining the “Nationally Recognized” Statistical Rating Organizations.”
- July 27 at 2:00 PM ET: The Subcommittee on Housing, Community Development and Insurance will convene for an in-person hearing entitled, “NAHASDA Reauthorization: Addressing Historic Disinvestment and the Ongoing Plight of the Freedmen in Native American Communities.”
- July 28 at 10:00 AM ET: The full Committee will convene for an in-person markup.