Ten emerging tech firms have been chosen to participate in the 2022 Fintech Innovation Lab New York, which is a 12-week program “founded and run by Accenture (NYSE: ACN) and the Partnership Fund for New York City.”
The program aims to assist early- and growth-stage Fintech firms with accelerating product and business development via an in-depth engagement “with top financial services and venture capital executives.”
As noted in an update shared with CI, this year’s participants, selected from nearly 200 applicants globally, are “focused on some of the industry’s most important issues, including creating sustainable investments and meeting ESG (environmental, social, and governance) outcomes, improving transparency around cryptocurrencies, and managing security and compliance risks.”
The 2022 Fintech Innovation Lab New York participants are:
- CoverForce (New York) – which partners with national property and casualty carriers to standardize their distribution application programming interfaces (APIs) and build customized platforms for Independent Agency Networks, strengthening the carrier/agency relationship.
- Draivn (Den Haag, Netherlands) – whose platform collects data from any telematics or internet of things devices that transportation fleets are equipped with and converts it into real-time analytics for fleet insurers and brokers.
- Evercity (Berlin) – whose blockchain-based sustainability measurement and investment platform automates issuance, management and monitoring of sustainable finance.
- Ion Channel (Alexandria, Virginia, USA) – whose software supply chain management platform identifies and monitors third-party security risk from software suppliers (vendors, outsourced app developers, contractors, and open source).
- LeapXpert (New York) – whose platform creates an accessible digital record of all business interactions carried out over mobile messaging applications, giving organizations peace of mind that their data will be secure and meet compliance requirements.
- Mark Labs (New York) – whose AI/ML stewardship platform helps asset managers define impact metrics, engage with investors and portfolio companies, and link their capital allocations to the pursuit of real-world environmental, social, and governance outcomes alongside targeted financial returns.
- Messari (New York) – whose market intelligence platform provides in-depth crypto market research, analysis, data, diligence tools, and more for crypto business professionals.
- Railz (Toronto) – whose API provides financial institutions and fintechs with instant, real-time access to their business customers’ financial data from different sources (accounting, banking, tax, e-commerce) to make better data-driven decisions.
- SoLo Funds (Los Angeles) – whose on-demand marketplace allows members to request and fund loans for emergency needs, providing an equitable, community-driven lending alternative.
- Straylight Systems (New York) – whose AI solution automatically creates secure software code that is trustworthy and reliable.
As noted in a blog post, the Lab has “helped position New York City as a hub for fintechs and financial innovation, and the solutions from this year’s participants can help the city emerge stronger as it looks to address the societal impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic and be a leader in new tech industries.”
Maria Gotsch, president and CEO of the Partnership Fund for New York City and co-founder of the Fintech Innovation Lab New York, stated:
“We are excited to see how this competitive class of fintechs and insurtechs will contribute to our city’s recovery and create a more inclusive and innovative economy. Over the past 12 years, the Lab’s alumni have enabled our financial institutions to improve the digital experience for customers, create products that support sustainability, enhance fraud detection tools and diversify the industry’s talent base. We thank our corporate and venture partners for their continued support to establish New York as the premiere city to set up and grow a startup.”
For more details on this update, check here.