authID (Nasdaq: AUID), a provider of secure authentication solutions, announced the launch of Verified 3.0, its next-gen platform that “delivers Human Factor Authentication (HFA).”
authID’s Verified platform binds strong, “unphishable”, passwordless authentication “with biometric identity, which offers our customers a streamlined path to zero trust architecture.”
Verified FIDO2 passwordless authentication is “certified by the FIDO Alliance to be interoperable with and compliant with FIDO specifications.”
Legacy multi-factor authentication (MFA) “falls short in protecting against today’s sophisticated social engineering attacks.” More than 82% of data breaches “exploit a human element, such as phishing attacks and credential compromise, in which cybercriminals rely on passwords and human error to be successful – costing companies globally an average of $4.4 million per data breach.”
Verified HFA “closes security gaps for enterprise workforce and consumer applications by combining passwordless authentication with biometric certainty to shut down access, privileges, and lateral movement for unauthorized users.”
Tom Thimot, CEO of authID, said:
“Because the world is still largely dependent on passwords and compromise-prone legacy MFA, cyberattacks that exploit human behavior and wreak havoc for organizations are all too common in 2022. With the release of Verified 3.0, authID has pioneered HFA, a human-centric authentication solution, which addresses cyber risks that exploit human error. HFA helps businesses disarm hackers and gate critical resources, while improving workforce productivity and reducing friction for consumers.”
With Verified 3.0, organizations now “have access to a single platform that eliminates the risks and hassles of using passwords, while protecting valued systems and corporate assets with strong identity assurance.”
Whenever the enterprise needs to authorize user privileges to access a sensitive application, perform a high-risk activity, or add or recover a new device, Verified “elevates authentication, with a quick selfie captured in seconds in any browser, to verify the human behind the device.”
Jeremiah Mason, authID’s SVP of Product, added:
“Accessibility and ease-of-use are core components of our mission to deliver best-in-class cloud authentication solutions to enterprises globally. With Human Factor Authentication powered by Verified 3.0, we can help any organization build zero trust architecture that best serves their workforce and customers, bound with a biometric chain of trust.”
Verified 3.0 incorporates feature “sets demanded by our customers for adaptive authentication, that balances speed and ease of use with enhanced security.”
Through enhanced support for the OpenID Connect (OIDC) authentication protocol, Verified 3.0 “makes the move to zero trust easier, offering our customers streamlined access to the ecosystem of Identity Access Management (IAM), Privileged Access Management (PAM), and Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) providers.”
Enhanced User Experience Features of Verified 3.0 include:
- Seamless Passwordless Authentication: FIDO2 certified passwordless authentication allows workforce users and consumers to log in 100% password-free across any mobile or desktop device.
- Secure, Portable Account/Device Add & Recovery: Using their cloud-biometrics, users can now seamlessly add new devices and recover from a lost device – no need to call a help desk, and no need to fall back to insecure legacy MFA.
- 2-Second Selfie Capture: Verified is certified for anti-spoofing and PAD Level 2/3 detection. Users no longer need to smile during a selfie, resulting in 2-seconds or less captures.
Enhanced Customer Implementation Experiences of Verified 3.0 include:
- Expanded and Quicker Implementation Options: Support of OIDC protocols delivers HFA connections with the identity ecosystem, including IAM, PAM, and EDR providers, as well as popular cloud applications in under 10 minutes. Customers continue to enjoy the flexibility to develop custom integrations using authID APIs.
- Authentication Orchestration Policies: Verified now includes a new workflow management tool that streamlines enterprise rollout by eliminating custom workflow development and offering easy configuration of user onboarding and authentication rules on a per use-case and/or per identity provider basis.
- Federated Cloud Identity: Verified offers a single cloud platform with support for the identity eco-system to enable federated enterprise access with a single identity across their tech stack of legacy, SaaS, and cloud applications.