Online equity crowdfunding site for real estate Realty Mogul, has been awarded First Place at the HATCH start up pitch competition. HATCH is the official pitch competition at South By South West (SXSW) which took place earlier today in Austin. Only 12 companies from around the world were selected to participate in this highly competitive competition. The other finalists included: Future Ad Labs, GeriJoy, Ginkgotree, Lynx Laboratories, MobileX Labs, Molecule, Pervasive Group, Reactor Labs, SnapHealth, Socedo and Taskbox. The second place winner was Molecule Software and the 3rd place winner was Taskbox.
Realty Mogul is a platform which targets crowdfunding with Accredited investors and a minimum investment level of $5000.00. Their vision is to make real estate investing simple. The objective is to leave the hassles of tenants, toilets and trash and provide more investors with insider access to passive real estate investments they may normally not have access or exposure.
Co-founded by Jilliene Helman and Justin Hughes, both participated in the Microsoft Start up accelerator program Windows Azure.
Realty Mogul will receive the following prizes having been selected as the first place winner:
- Entrepreneur hour with Mercury Fund
- Interview on Breakthrough Business Strategies Radio
- Google Cloud Platform — $10,000 credits
- Rackspace Cloud Hosting — $24,000 in credits
- Speaker/Exhibit at Houston Technology Center’s Innovation Conference & Showcase
- Speaker at Tech Champs Meeting at Houston Technology Center
- Office Space at Houston Technology Center
- Houston Technology Center accelerator program
- Winner announced in the Houston Business Journal