Solar crowdfunding site Mosaic had a birthday yesterday (January 7) and along with the party that most certainly took place somewhere on the West Coast they provided some interesting information about their platform along with some data regarding the past 12 months.
The one year old platform has gone from zero to over 2500 investors some interesting data:
- 45 states have Mosaic investors, representing 720 cities
- A good number are from SF – 40%
- Oldest investor – 96 (wow)
- 19 projects have been financed
- 66,000 solar panels are being used in the projects
- 18 million KWh will be produced each year
Just recently Mosaic has been pounding the PR with a push to #PutSolarOnIt campaign. They enlisted the aid of actor Mark Ruffalo to help in promoting the cause.