Before moving on, Crowdtilt took a look back at the top ten campaigns to run on Crowdhoster while it was in beta, and some of the successes on the platform demonstrate what we can expect to see in the future from CrowdtiltOpen. In short, there are some seriously unorthodox and innovative crowdfunding campaigns made possible by the flexibility of Crowdtilt’s system. Toss the rules right on out the window.
The entire list is as follows, with totals included where available:
- Soylent – $2,100,000+
- Immunity Project – $462,570
- Good Day Blimp – $26,035
- GNS3 – $280,000+
- McSweeney’s – $30,000-ish, probably (seriously, go look at the campaign… it’s hilarious)
- Balanced – $63,525
- Holly Muñoz’s new album – $50,269
- Unbelievable Testing Laboratory – Unknown, was used as market testing… smart play!
- Beep – Unknown, pretail-centric play
- AdBlock – $65,940
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!