Seeking a Minimum $750,000 in Equity Crowdfunding.
EvoLux Transportation, a vertical lift tech travel company, recently launched its equity crowdfunding campaign on RockThePost, quickly raising $250,000 of its $750,000 to $2 million goal to fund its helicopter charter services, establish a more prominent position in luxury travel and build stronger brand equity.
Sikorsky Innovations’ Winner, EvoLux Transportation is a tech‐travel company building the world’s first helicopter charter marketplace and social SkyShare reservation platform. Their patent-pending reservation and dispatch platform matches travel demand with underutilized helicopter inventory.
With summer around the corner and EvoLux honing in on the NYC metropolitan area and southern Florida, one cannot help but daydream about avoiding irritating traffic jams on the way to the Hamptons, the Islands, the Cape or the Shore. Winter commutes from Palm Beach, Broward and Miami Dade Counties from 25+ departure vertiports to coastal areas would become more civilized with an EvoLux Sky-Limo.
Readers know the feeling of seeing a helicopter swiftly and elegantly bypassing all traffic jams. How much more relaxing long weekends would become as an EvoLux member!
According to the campaign website, Founder Raymond B. Leavitt IV will use raised funds to:
- Continue iteration of web application
- Deploy and iterate the Operator Dashboard
- Build and launch the Consumer Native Mobile App
- Create an API for Channel Partners and Affiliates
- Market platform in Florida and NYC markets, with quick expansion into California.
- Enable excursion package API integration with channel partners for travel itinerary add-ons.
- Include professional photography and branded video production
- Continue creative marketing materials, collateral, and conventional advertising
Other key EvoLux highlights:
- Went live with prototype reservation system in August 2011 and bootstrapped up to 2 flight reservations a week
- Winner of Sikorsky Innovations Entrepreneurial Challenge Feb 2013
- Generated $30K in revenue before moving from Boca Raton, FL TBI to Sikorsky Innovations’ incubator program.
The company raised $200K in seed funding through data license agreements, grants, and convertible notes in Q1 of 2014.
“EvoLux went live with our social booking platform in August of 2011 and were on pace for 103 flight bookings before winning Sikorsky’s award and moving the company to CT. We were bootstrapping by sponsoring golf events, holiday and charity auctions, and generated about $30k in revenue with little to no marketing spend. Since we don’t have our new pricing engine and distribution API built in yet, our revenues have fallen off from not physically being in the Florida market we were servicing. Flight requests come in every so often from search and people within our network. We have the opportunity to get some traction this summer with shared flights out to the Hamptons and Nantucket if we can get this seed round raised.”
In addition to Sky-Limos, EvoLux provides Heli-Tours and Heli-Xcursions from more than 25 departure vertiports in South Florida. Other EvoLux heli-services include Private Waterfront Event Delivery, Custom Flights, Time Sensitive Cargo Transport (Medical, Pharmaceutical, Document) and Aerial Filming and Photography.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!