The Equity Crowdfunding Alliance of Canada is presenting a full day event this coming week in Toronto.
The almost sold out event invites interested parties to hear about recent developments in securities law on how registrants can sell securities on the internet. Representatives from the Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) and equity crowdfunding experts in Canada and the United States will discuss how the process works now, proposals for new capital raising frameworks and opportunities for issuers to raise capital. Investors will soon be able to access a new asset class with crowdfunding portals becoming new dealers in Canada.
Key speakers include:
- James E.A. Turner, Vice Chair of the Ontario Securities Commission
- Chris Tyrell, CEO of OfferBoard an investment platform that leverages the technology of the Australian Small Scale Offerings Board (ASSOB) and Chair of CiFRA (U.S. crowdfunding association of portals and issuers)
- Brian Koscak, Chair, Private Capital Markets Association of Canada, Co- Chair and Co-Founder of Equity Crowdfunding Alliance of Canada and Partner, Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP
- Carlos Pinto Lobo, Chief Compliance Officer, MaRS VX (on-line restricted dealer selling securities on the internet)
- Sandy Gilbert, Founder and CEO of SeedUps Canada (on-line portal working with an exempt market dealer) and Co-Founder of Equity Crowdfunding Alliance of Canada
- Tim McKillican, President, Open Avenue (on-line real estate portal) and Co-Founder of Equity Crowdfunding Alliance of Canada
- Peter-Paul Van Hoeken, Silver Maple Ventures Inc. (on-line portal) and Co-Founder of Equity Crowdfunding Alliance of Canada
- Mark Skapinker, Managing Partner, Brightspark Ventures (Venture Capitalist and Operator of on-line portal)
- Sean Stanleigh, Product Manager, Report on Small Business, The Globe and Mail and Co-Founder of Equity Crowdfunding Alliance of Canada
- Andrew Dix, CEO, CrowdfundInsider
The full day conference will take place on April 24, 2014 at 67 Richmond Street West, Toronto, Ontario.