Dutch crowdfunding campaigns are now live on the Kickstarter platform. Announced some time ago, the expansion into the Netherlands is part of a continuing strategy to grow the brand and platform for rewards based crowdfunding to all corners of the globe. Over 1100 creators have already posted projects in the pipeline from Holland with only minor changes to accommodate the new national presence. As with every new country addition, projects are listed side by side with all other projects from around the world.
Kickstarter covered some of the specifics regarding launching campaigns in the Netherlands:
- When pledging, however, backers of Netherlands-based projects will enter their payment information directly on Kickstarter, rather than through Amazon Payments. All pledges will be processed securely through a third-party payments processor.
- Fee structure is the same. Kickstarter will charge a 5% fee to successfully funded projects and no fee to unsuccessfully funded projects in the Netherlands. Payment processing fees for Netherlands-based projects are similar to those for UK projects.
- Creators must be 18 years of age or older.
- A permanent resident of the Netherlands, and either creating a project in your own name or on behalf of a legal entity with a KvK number.
- You must have a Dutch address, Dutch bank account, and government-issued ID (driver’s license or passport).
- You have a major credit or debit card.
- While projects may be posted in Dutch they are requesting all projects include an English version.
- Pledges can be made with a Visa, MasterCard or American Express card.
- VAT charges are required