The Crowdfund Intermediary Regulatory Advocates (CfIRA) will be holding their monthly educational series webinar June 1st at 1:00 p.m. EST. This month’s topic “Angel Investing 101,” will cover opportunities in the space, how to find good deal flow and the trends and forecasts affecting angel investors, startups and other entrepreneurs in the crowdfunding space.
Established after the signing of the JOBS Act, CflRA is an advocacy group formed by the investment crowdfunding industry’s leading platforms and experts. The group’s members often work with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), and other affected governmental and quasi-governmental entities to help establish industry standards and best practices.
“Angel Investing 101” will cover topics such as:
- What do you look for in a company?
- How should angels conduct due diligence?
- Best practices to build a portfolio of startup investments
- How can individual investors leverage angel groups and platforms?
- Confirmed panelists including well-known angel leaders like:
- Jean Peters, Managing Director of Golden Seeds
- Karin O’Connor, Managing Director of Hyde Park Angels
- David Verrill, Chair of Angel Capital Association and Managing Director at Hub Investments
- Marianne Hudson, Executive Director of the Angel Capital Association
- Moderator Ryan Feit, CEO of SeedInvest
Past webinar topics have provided insight and guidance on industry terms such as general solicitation and crowdfunding intermediaries. CflRA designed June’s educational webinar to one of its most effective yet.
Mr. Feit stated,“As the JOBS Act continues to make startup investing more mainstream, educating new angel investors has become more critical than ever. Therefore, I am especially excited to moderate the upcoming panel with four of the most prominent angel group leaders in the country.
As usual, CflRA will stream “Angel Investing 101” live and encourages everyone interested in capital raising, investing and crowdfunding to attend.