With nearly two weeks since its crowdfunding campaign launched on Indiegogo, the 2D film Hullabaloo has reached its initial $80,000 goal and has already raised nearly $240,000 from close to 6,000 backers.
Crowdfund Insider previously reported that the film’s creators, who are a group of veteran animators from Disney, are not only setting out to bring it to life, they are also trying to save the “dying” art of 2D animation, also known as hand drawn. The animated steampunk-themed film is about a girl by the name of Veronica Daring who returns home from an elite finishing school to find her father, the eccentric inventor Jonathan Daring, has gone missing without a trace.
The only clue that Veronica has found points her to Daring Adventure, an abandon amusement part that was used by her father to test his steam-powered inventions. She then discovers a strange girl named Jules, a fellow inventor, who agrees to help Veronica locate her father along with debunking his secrets.
The animators behind the film are the following:
- James Lopez: Credits include The Lion King, The Princess and the Front, Pocahontas, Flush Away, Hercules, Tom and Jerry, The Emperor’s New Groove, and Paperman.
- Bruce Smith: Credits include Tarzan, The Emperor’s New Groove, The Princess and the Frog. He is also the creator of the Disney television series The Proud Family.
- Rick Farmiloe: His work can be seen in The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, and Beauty and the Beast.
- Minkyu Lee: Credited for The Princess and The Front, and Frozen.
- Sandro Cleuzo: Worked on Enchanted, The Emperor’s New Groove, and The Princess and the Frog. He also teamed up with Dreamworks for Kung Fu Panda: Secrets of the Masters.
- Sarah Airriess: Her work can be seen in The Princess and The Frog, and Wreck-It Ralph. She also played a key role in the look of Papeman.
After reaching the stretch goal of $140,000, which will allow for a second Hullabaloo short film titled Curse of the Cheshire Cat, the animators took to the update second of the campaign and wrote, “Thank you for making it to our second stretch goal! It’s music to our ears! We’re excited to head to our new stretch goal [at $240,000] – A THIRD SHORT FILM! With your help we can get there.”
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!