Earlier this month, Malaysia-based FOBO launched an Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign for what is dubbed as the world’s first ever Bluetooth tire pressure monitoring system. Originally seeking only $28,000, the project not only surpassed the initial goal but continues to be a huge success on the crowdfunding platform by raising well over $100,000.
According to its campaign website, Fobo Tire is a patent pending, advanced tire pressure monitoring system, also known as TPMS, that uses Bluetooth 4.0. It works directly with any Android or iOS device and comes with an intelligent in-car monitoring unit, which simultaneously works with the device.
Key FOBO Tire features include:
- 24/7 monitoring of car tires: Works even when the car’s engine is off, for a complete peace of mind.
- Monitors up to 20 cars: The user will be able to keep track of each car’s tires with one single app.
- Share FOBO Tire: Allow friends and family (up to 100 smartphones) to receive information from the same FOBO Tire.
- Do-It-Yourself: Install FOBO Tire in less than five minutes without needing any professional help.
- Theft Deterrent: Stolen FOBO Tire sensors, along with in-car units, cannot be reused. Each FOBO Tire is locked to a specific owner’s cloud account and replacement senors will be available for purchase separately.
Each purchaser receives the following with their FOBO Tire package:
- 4 tire sensors (with CR2032 batteries included)
- 1 in-car unit (with 2 AA size batteries included)
- Free app to download from Apple Store or Google Play
“Core components for FOBO Tire are sourced from renowned suppliers. FOBO Tires uses General Electric (GE) pressure sensors, Texas Instruments (TI) bluetooth chip, GP batteries and silica compounded plastics to ensure reliability and robustness.”
By using the FOBO Tire, purchasers can change the statistics 414 fatalities, 10,275 non-fatal injuries, and 78,392 crashes occurred ANNUALLY in the US due to flat tires or blowouts before tire pressure monitoring systems were installed in vehicles.
The campaign is set to close on October 12th.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!