So the team over at Crowd for Angels has cooked up an infographic explaining the intriguing realm of Crypto Currencies. Unless you have been on the Moon for the past few years (and without the internet) you are well aware of Bitcoin and other competing digital currencies. The concept of digital currency, detached from certain limitations of national fiat coin, has quickly created a highly dynamic and creative space in the world of finance. Crowd for Angels has just announced an investment opportunity in LXCCoin – a crypto currency that is tied to peer to peer investments. You may read about the investment opportunity here.
A few bullets from the infographic:
- Crypto currencies were first created in 2009 with the advent of Bitcoin
- In the UK 37.9% of the population has heard about crypto currency (I guess the rest were on the moon).
- In 2013 there were over 850 retailers who accepted this form of payment
- Estimated transactions per day: 71,000
- The top 10 crypto currencies have an estimated worth of $8.69 billion