San Francisco-based Tilt has announced its new 2.0 version of its mobile application specifically designed for Apple’s iOS8 mobile operating system which aims to make collecting, fundraising or pooling money for groups and communities easier. The new Tilt app includes a host of new functionality including campaign creation, social sharing and less taps to contribute to and collect group tilts. The free Tilt 2.0 app can be found on the App Store today.
“Mobile is becoming the most important platform for Tilt as people are increasingly adopting mobile as a secure, and often preferred, form of payment.”
“Mobile is becoming the most important platform for Tilt as people are increasingly adopting mobile as a secure, and often preferred, form of payment,” said James Beshara, CEO of Tilt. “We’re thrilled to release a faster, more social app, allowing users to further integrate us into their daily lives through campaign creation, social sharing and management tools to increase contributions and collect funds while on the go. It’s the best crowdfunding app on the App Store, and it takes the collaborative power of crowdfunding into parts of our lives we’ve yet to apply that behavior.”
The new Tilt 2.0 app features:
- Free to download and to create and collect campaigns
- Improved user registration for easier on-boarding so you can start pooling funds faster
- Ability to create a tilt as well as track contributions and collect funds
- iOS8 Today Widget so you can monitor active tilts at a glance
- Easier sharing via Facebook, Twitter, email and SMS, proven to increase contributions and the likelihood of reaching funding goals
- Improved contribution flow so you and your network can contribute in less taps
- Ability to create, monitor and contribute to campaigns
- Support for internationalization for Canadian users
- Updated visual interface
“We wanted to build an app that broke down the limitations other crowdfunding apps had and one that provided organizers with a full-featured experience on mobile,” said Charlie Nowacek, Mobile Lead at Tilt. “Instead of only allowing one-to-one transactions or just an app for campaign monitoring on mobile, Tilt allows people to pool money from groups of any size and create, contribute, monitor and collect funds for free from their pocket.”
While the new app is optimized for iPhones running iOS8, it is fully-functional on iPads and other devices running earlier versions of Apple’s mobile operating system.