With just six days until its crowdfunding campaign comes to an end on Indiegogo, 2D film Hullabaloo has raised $345,304 thanks to 8,258 backers. The movie, which was created by former Disney animators, was not only save 2D animation but to prove it is still relevant to the film industry.
As previously reported, the animated steampunk-themed film is about a girl by the name of Veronica Daring who returns home from an elite finishing school to find her father, the eccentric inventor Jonathan Daring, has gone missing without a trace.
The only clue that Veronica has found points her to Daring Adventure, an abandon amusement part that was used by her father to test his steam-powered inventions. She then discovers a strange girl named Jules, a fellow inventor, who agrees to help Veronica locate her father along with debunking his secrets.
The animators behind the film are the following:
- James Lopez: Credits include The Lion King, The Princess and the Front, Pocahontas, Flush Away, Hercules, Tom and Jerry, The Emperor’s New Groove, and Paperman.
- Bruce Smith: Credits include Tarzan, The Emperor’s New Groove, The Princess and the Frog. He is also the creator of the Disney television series The Proud Family.
- Rick Farmiloe: His work can be seen in The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, and Beauty and the Beast.
- Minkyu Lee: Credited for The Princess and The Front, and Frozen.
- Sandro Cleuzo: Worked on Enchanted, The Emperor’s New Groove, and The Princess and the Frog. He also teamed up with Dreamworks for Kung Fu Panda: Secrets of the Masters.
- Sarah Airriess: Her work can be seen in The Princess and The Frog, and Wreck-It Ralph. She also played a key role in the look of Papeman.
During a recent update, the Hullabaloo team announced that since the campaign has reached the $340,000 stretch, they will be releasing a short film titled Ask the Professor. The film will be geared towards science education and it will be “rewarding and fun” for everyone.
The other short films from the other stretch goals are the following:
- $240,000: The Mysterious Island
- $140,000: Curse of the Cheshire Cat
In another update, editor Evelyn Kriete also wrote, “Thank you for all your help with our campaign. It’s thanks to you that amazing, wonderful art is going to happen. We have an update regarding the Cheshire Cat mask. As any of you who deal with sculpture and fabrication know, prototyping a sculpted object like the mask can be a lengthy and intricate process.”
“We had originally anticipated that the mask prototype would be finished in time for the campaign, but unfortunately a couple of delays with the creation process will make it impossible for the mask to be available before the campaign is done. We are still very excited about it, and when it becomes available at a future date we will give further details of how you can get your hands on it via our web site.”
In the meantime, thank you all for your continued support and enthusiasm. We couldn’t have done this without you and we are all very excited to be working on this project with your help. In addition, we’ve received a number of questions from people who want to help the campaign but don’t have the money to donate. If you want to help but can’t afford to put anything in, you can still help make Hullabaloo possible by continuing to spread the campaign around the Internet. We’ve raised an incredible amount of money already, but film animation is a very expensive medium to work in and every bit you donate will help us make Hullabaloo even better.”
Don’t forget to check out the campaign before it closes on October 1st!
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!