The Pod is described as being the world’s “smallest, lightest, fully waterproof GPS pet tracker.” It is a sleek little device that attaches to your pet’s collar and let you instantly local your animal from your phone as well as track their activity and fitness levels. The Pod team wrote, “Our unit uses GPS technology, which has strong coverage all over the world – not like other tracking devices that rely on Bluetooth, which needs to be nearby to locate your pet.”
Also noting the device’s design, the team added, “The unique barrel design has been created to be as comfortable as possible for your animal. The smooth edges and unique cylindrical design have been extensively tested to have minimal impact on the daily activities of your furry friend.”
Setting up the Pod is easy. The user simply downloads the accompanied smartphone app, attach the pod to your pet, and begin tracking on your phone. Features of the app are:
- Real-Time Location: Never lose your pet again with the “Locate Now” button.
- Custom Safe Zones & Perimeter: Feel at ease knowing that you’ll get an alert on your phone if your animal leaves your set property boundary.
- Activity Tracking: You can monitor your pet’s fitness levels (i.e. rest, walk and run) to make sure they are continuing to remain healthy.
- Follow Adventures: Learn what your best friend gets up to by tracking their travels through the day and night.
- Pet League Tables: Put your pet to the test by comparing your animal’s stats with others around the world to see if you have the fastest dog in the park or the most adventurous cat in the country.
The team noted, “We’ve utilized the latest technologies and analysed all aspects of the design to make the unit as small and light as possible (about the size of a wine cork and only 29 grams). We’ve also integrated the strapping mechanism into the body of the unit, which means you never have to remove Pod from your pet’s collar. ”
Sharing his past lost pet mishaps, founder of Pod, Sebastian Langston stated, “Like many of you, we know what it feels like to lose a pet. Last year, I lost Rango – my best friend in the world and possibly the coolest cat on the planet. After going through such a painful process, I was determined to find a way to prevent others from going through the same experience.”
“I teamed up with Damien [Cantelo] to build the smallest and lightest, fully waterproof GPS pet tracker available. We’ve been working really hard with a great technical team and now have a working prototype and will have a production unit and mobile app ready to launch before Christmas. We’ve even secured some of the largest pet retailers in the market to stock the product.”
The campaign closes October 28th.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!