Equity crowdfunding platform Crowdcube has rocketed past the 100,000 investor mark. Crowdcube recognized Vincent Carrie of London as becoming the 100,000th person to register on the site to participate in the listed companies. Carrie will receive a gift basket that includes plenty of good stuff from Crowdcube funded companies.
To help celebrate this milestone, Crowdcube created an infographic that shares some interesting data including:
- £42.2 million in successfully crowdfunded offerings
- 158 funded businesses
- Fastest funded business: Crowdcube (self-crowdfunding round)
- Estimated number of jobs created: 3,749
- Biggest investor portfolio: £800,000 (wow!)
- Average amount successfully invested: £5,697
Crowdcube was the first investment crowdfunding platform to launch in the UK and one of the first in the world. The company was founded by Darren Westlake and Luke Lang in 2011.