On Wednesday (December 4th), Frankfurt, Germany-based iCradle, Inc. launched a crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter to raise $100,000 for its device, COBI. The device is considered the world’s “smartest” connected biking system.
According to its campaign, COBI adds over 100 intelligent features to any bike 0 with only a simple, predictive and beautiful interface on your smartphone. Along with upgrading your bike and improving your life, its advanced technologies and smart design are geared towards one purpose, to enhance your biking experience.
The iCradle team noted, “Our system offers hard- and software upgradeability – with the developer SDK for apps, wearables and on-board electronics, the system is ready for every good idea tomorrow may bring. And with our interchangeable Mount Case there’s no need to buy a new COBI if you get a new phone.”
Some of COBI’s features include:
- Real-time Data: Speed, time, distance, climb rate, elevation, e-bike power/settings
- Bike+ Navigation: GPS free-drive, turn-by-turn directions, offline maps, audio feedback, bike lanes, nearby bike routes
- Music: Remote controlled playback for local music (iOS, Android) and other Audio Apps like Podcasts, Spotify (iOS), speed-dependent volume
- Fitness: Cadence and heart rate (bp) tracking, target heart rate zones, calories burned, no-sweat mode
- Assistance: Enhanced forecast, auto light, cadence-based shift recommendations, buddy radar (nearby friends), proximity wake-up, dealer connection
- Safety: Auto brake light, turn signal, custom bell, auto light, emergency service notification
- Power Supply: Three Options – e-bike battery or battery pack – chargeable through Hub Dynamo
Explaining his dedication to the project, founder of iCradle, Andreas Gahlert recently stated, “I’m a passionate biker and tired of the clutter on my handlebar. As a digital pioneer, I want COBI to be the most advanced and designed biking system for maximum joy of use.”
He then added, “My passion for design, technology and sports inspired me to found this company and combine it all in one product.”
The company also shared that it will offer two versions: one for Standard and one for e-bikes, each tailored to suit your equipment. Both upgrade your biking to the next level. The team shared, “Since e-bikes² already have a COBI-compatible controller, we’re able to reduce their upgrade price a little. Rejoice analog bikers, you on the other hand get our new and elegant, made-for-COBI Thumb Controller and a high-capacity Battery Pack on top.”
Since its debut, the COBI Kickstarter campaign has already scored half of its funding goal and is currently at $65,789 from 345 backers. It is set to close on January 2nd.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!